Book Club Discussion Questions
- What is the most memorable scene for you from She’s the One? Why?
- Amanda secretly envies her sister, Emma’s, lifestyle. Is there someone in your life that you’d like to trade places with for a weekend? Who and why?
- Amanda is very impacted by an experience from her past. Do you think that Amanda overreacted to her past experience with Conner’s coach and Conner catching her in a compromising position? Why or why not?
- What was your reaction to the scene at the club Frigid? What did this tell you about Amanda? About Ryan?
- There are so many different types of relationships and not all forms of commitment is for everyone. Compare and contrast Ryan’s Mom’s relationships with the men in her life with Ryan and Amanda’s more “traditional” relationship.
- Does it matter that Ryan had a “friendly” relationship with Emma prior to his relationship with Amanda? Would it matter if Ryan and Emma had sex in the past?
- Do you think that it was right for Ryan to be with Amanda since he knows that Conner wants the guys to stay away from his sisters? Which is more important-taking a chance on love or a long term friendship? Why?
- Is Amanda right to feel responsible for her younger sisters? Especially Emma? Is Amanda enabling Emma’s behavior?
- How did you feel about Amanda’s response to Ryan pulling away after the car accident? Would you have stuck with him?
- Do you think that Amanda and Ryan are an opposites attract story? Do you think opposite personalities can make a relationship work long term? Do you know any real-life examples?
Drink: Amanda’s Favorite Mojito
Appetizer: Frigid-Hot Black Bean & Toasted Corn Salsa
Dessert: Ryan’s Second Favorite Use for Marshmallow Cream Bars